The Arlington Players
Anton in Show Business
Written by Jane Martin
“Anton in Show Business” is presented by arrangement with Concord Theatricals on behalf of Samuel French, Inc. www.concordtheatricals.com.
Dates and Times
- Saturday, 2/3/2024 at 8:00 PM
- Sunday, 2/4/2024 at 2:00 PM
- Friday, 2/9/2024 at 8:00 PM
- Saturday, 2/10/2024 at 8:00 PM
- Sunday, 2/11/2024 at 2:00 PM
- Friday, 2/16/2024 at 8:00 PM
- Saturday, 2/17/2024 at 8:00 PM
- Sunday, 2/18/2024 at 2:00 PM
125 S Old Glebe Rd, Arlington, VA 22204
|Group Discount (10+)||$20.00|
(Prices include all applicable fees.)
- From Virginia: Take 66 East to exit 71 (Fairfax Drive) towards Glebe Road. Turn right onto Glebe Road South (Virginia 120). Go 1.34 miles, crossing over Route 50. Turn left onto Second Street, then turn left onto South Old Glebe Road. The new parking garage is located at the far end of Alice West Fleet Elementary School (115 S Old Glebe Rd) on the right. For those that remember, the school was built on top of the old parking lot. Please note there are two sharp turns, back-to-back, to enter the garage.
- From Washington, DC: Take Route 50 West (Arlington Blvd.) to Glebe road heading South. Turn left onto Second Street, then turn left onto South Old Glebe Road. The new parking garage is located at the far end of Alice West Fleet Elementary School (115 S Old Glebe Rd) on the right. For those that remember, the school was built on top of the old parking lot. Please note there are two sharp turns, back-to-back, to enter the garage.
- Once in the garage: You can park anywhere that doesn't note a "RESERVED" sign with the times of 6AM -11PM (the signs with 6AM to 6PM noted are good to park in). To exit the garage to the theatre, walk towards the big blue wall at the back and go left, you will see the stairs and elevators there. You can take either option up one level, then take the short walk to the theater lobby doors.
- Click here to see a video for the parking garage.
About the Show
This madcap comedy follows three actresses across the footlights, down the rabbit hole, and into a strangely familiar Wonderland that looks a lot like American theatre – the resemblance is uncanny! As these women pursue their dream of performing Chekhov in Texas, they’re whisked through a maelstrom of “good ideas” that offer unique solutions to the Three Sisters’ need to have life’s deeper purpose revealed. In the tradition of great backstage comedies, Anton in Show Business conveys the joys, pains, and absurdities of “putting on a play” at the turn of the century.
|Ralph/Wikewitch/Joe Bob||Grace Murtha|
|T-Anne/Andwyneth/Don/Gate Attendant||Vanea Pharr|
|Stage Manager||Ramah Johnson|
|Set Design||Skip Gresko|
|Lead Painter and Scenic Design||Mercedes Chatterton|
|Prop Design||Griffin Voltmann|
|Set Dresser||Allison Grey-Mendes|
|Lighting Design||Jeff Auerbach|
|Sound Design||Janice Rivera|
|Sound Mixer||Daniel (Dan) Interiano|
|Costume Design||Anna Marquardt|
|Makeup & Hair Design||Robin Maline|
|Fight Choreographer||EJ Jonas|
|Intimacy Choreographer||EJ Jonas|
|Dialect Coach||Hilary Adams|