Into The Woods
Music and Lyrics by STEPHEN SONDHEIM
Book by JAMES LAPINE
Originally Directed on Broadway by James Lapine
Orchestrations by Jonathan Tunick
Into the Woods is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.mtishows.com
Dates and Times
- Saturday, 9/23/2023 at 8:00 PM
- Sunday, 9/24/2023 at 3:00 PM
- Friday, 9/29/2023 at 8:00 PM
- Saturday, 9/30/2023 at 8:00 PM
- Sunday, 10/1/2023 at 3:00 PM
- Friday, 10/6/2023 at 8:00 PM
- Saturday, 10/7/2023 at 8:00 PM
- Sunday, 10/8/2023 at 3:00 PM
Tickets(Check back for ticket updates!)
- From Virginia: Take 66 East to exit 71 (Fairfax Drive) towards Glebe Road. Turn right onto Glebe Road South (Virginia 120). Go 1.34 miles, crossing over Route 50. Turn left onto Second Street, then turn left onto South Old Glebe Road. The new parking garage is located at the far end of Alice West Fleet Elementary School (115 S Old Glebe Rd) on the right. For those that remember, the school was built on top of the old parking lot. Please note there are two sharp turns, back-to-back, to enter the garage.
- From Washington, DC: Take Route 50 West (Arlington Blvd.) to Glebe road heading South. Turn left onto Second Street, then turn left onto South Old Glebe Road. The new parking garage is located at the far end of Alice West Fleet Elementary School (115 S Old Glebe Rd) on the right. For those that remember, the school was built on top of the old parking lot. Please note there are two sharp turns, back-to-back, to enter the garage.
- Once in the garage: You can park anywhere that doesn't note a "RESERVED" sign with the times of 6AM -11PM (the signs with 6AM to 6PM noted are good to park in). To exit the garage to the theatre, walk towards the big blue wall at the back and go left, you will see the stairs and elevators there. You can take either option up one level, then take the short walk to the theater lobby doors.
- Click here to see a video for the parking garage.
About the Show
|The Baker's Wife|
|Little Red Riding Hood|
|Asst. Producer||Lauren Markovich|
|Music Director||Paige Austin Rammelkamp|
|Stage Manager||Dana Maksymova|
|Assistant Stage Manager|
|Master Carpenter||Tom O'Reilly|
|Technical Projection Design|
|Prop Design||Pauline Lamb|
|Sound Designer||Adam Parker|
|Sound Mixer||Chris Kagy|
|Makeup Design||Mary Frances Dini|
|Hair Design||Robin Maline|
|Fight Choreographer||EJ Jonas|
|Intimacy Choreographer||EJ Jonas|
- All roles are open; diversity is encouraged. TAP values diversity in race, physical ability, gender, sexuality, socio-economic background, age, and body type. Anyone who sees a little of themselves in one of these characters is welcome and warmly encouraged to audition. The character descriptions indicate the age or gender that the character should appear onstage and do not need to match the age or gender identity of the performer. Please note that a few of these roles require some physical intimacy onstage, and TAP has hired an Intimacy Choreographer for this production.
- Please prepare 16-32 bars of a musical theater selection. (Sondheim pieces are welcome) that highlights both your vocal range, and your ability to act through a song.
- There are no roles for children. All actors must be 18 or older.
Still have questions? Email us at IntoTheWoods@thearlingtonplayers.org
Location: Theatre on the Run, 3700 S. Four Mile Run Drive, Arlington, VA 22206
- Wednesday, July 5th from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 8th from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Invited Callbacks will be held on Tuesday, July 11th from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. at Theater on the Run.
*If you are unable to attend in-person auditions, but you can make it to callbacks in person (this is a hard requirement), please e-mail the producer, Jasmine Jones, at IntoTheWoods@thearlingtonplayers.org to receive information on submitting a video audition.
Reserve Your Audition Slot!
*Before Auditioning: Please view TAP's COVID/Vaccination Policy to review auditioning and casting requirements.
A list of characters can be found on the downloadable character list.
A comprehensive list of audition information and the audition form can be found on the downloadable audition form.
Auditionees will be asked to prepare 16-32 bars of a musical theater selection (Sondheim pieces are welcome) that highlights both your vocal range, and your ability to act through song. Please bring sheet music in your correct and preferred key. An accompanist will be provided, and pre-recorded accompaniment tracks will not be permitted. Please note that should your audition piece run very long, we may cut you off when we’ve seen what we need to see!
Sign up to reserve your audition time!
Fill out the audition form to bring with you to your audition.
Please be prepared to bring a headshot and theatrical resume (if you have them), and a complete list of any conflicts that may arise during the rehearsal/performance process when auditioning (a calendar is attached to the audition form). Rehearsals and performances will take place beginning July 17th, 2023 through early October, 2023. Please review the audition form for more detailed scheduling information.