Direct with TAP
TAP has officially opened our call for directors for our 73rd season (2023-24)! This year, we're changing up our formula for director selection after careful consideration from our Board, a deep dive into diversity at our theater and a survey of our extended TAP family. For our 73rd season, we are looking to put up three mainstage productions, including two musicals and one play.
For our play, we are accepting proposals for the following two productions:
For our first musical, we are accepting proposals for the following two productions:
For our second musical, we are putting out an open call for a musical that meets the following specifications:
- The show should appeal to multiple generations and diverse audience members.
- The show should take a calculated risk; a show that tackles tough issues (sexuality, politics, race, etc.), or uses a mechanism to bring new light to a script (gender bending, changing time period, etc.) for a purpose.
- The show cannot have been produced in the Northern Virginia area in the past five years.
- The show should be able to support a diverse cast.
- The show should be artistically challenging and utilize many of our theater’s technical specifications.
A full list of requirements for your proposal, submission, and additional information can be found at the link below:
Director Proposal Workshop:
If you missed our Director Proposal workshop, you can watch a recording here. Thank you again to Michael Kharfen for giving us all the best information!
Timeline for Selection:
- Sunday, October 16 at 11:59pm EST: Applications close
- Saturday, October 29, 10a-2p EST: Director interview block
- Tuesday, November 1, 6-9p EST: Director interview block
- Tuesday, November 8: TAP Board confirms final selection
- Friday, November 18: All applicants are notified of their status
Ready to Apply?
Click here to apply by October 16th!
If you have any questions about the process or selection, please email Nick Friedlander at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your proposal!