As you may be aware, the Arlington County Board approved the School Board’s request to build a new elementary school on the parking lot of the Thomas Jefferson Theater – TAP’s home stage.
Alternative Theater Entrance:
- The normal theater door is blocked due to the construction; please enter the theater from the opposite side as shown in the graphic below (Door Four).
- The theater entrance is 1000 feet from the sidewalk entrance.
- Street Parking
- Limited on site parking at Thomas Jefferson Community Center (3501 2nd St S)
- The Arlington County Career Center parking lot (816 South Walter Reed Drive)
- If taking a cab or ride share services like Lyft and Uber, the drop off address is Thomas Jefferson Community Center - 3501 2nd St S, Arlington, VA 22204.
- Public transit - there are several bus stops near the Thomas Jefferson Community Center, the 10B, 4A, 41, 23B, 23T bus lines are among several that stop in close proximity to the Theatre.
- A shuttle will be provided from the Career Center starting 45 minutes prior to the beginning of the show.
- The shuttle drop off point will be the Thomas Jefferson Community Center, 1000' from the theater entrance.
- Golf cart service will be provided for those with limited mobility.
- TAP volunteers will be on site to direct you and other patrons.
- After the show, a return shuttle will be provided for one hour after the show ends.
We recognize the parking situation will be an inconvenience to many of our patrons. We are grateful for your patience and understanding, and for staying with us as we weather the County’s construction project together. We can promise you the same high quality productions, with show stopping musical numbers and breathtaking moments that you have come to expect from The Arlington Players.